04 Apr 2009 Enter your password to view comments.
16 Mar 2009 10 Comments
Kahit po di mahilig ang luto sa akin eh successful naman itong niluto kong adobo, tsk. Last ko na luto nito mga 1 year ago pa pero di ko pa nalimutan lutuin haha. Super excited pa and lola ka kakaprepare ng mga sangkap:
Nakalimutan lang isali sa picture taking ang whole black peppercorn, at laurel leaves. Added a teaspoon of sugar (optional but I do this), gives a mystery to its taste hehe..
First shempre, halo-halo lang lahat ng sangkap excluding potatoes (optional rin) and the green chilli. I only use half of the onions coz the other half will be on the second stage.
Pinakuluan ko sya ng pinakuluan until the misture has thicken while on a separate frying pan, I pan fry the potatoes on a light fire until it is cooked.
Kapag malambot na ang pork meat (malambot naman lahat ng meat dito kaya di na kelangan pakuluan ng 3 days lol) and when the mixture is thick enough, we are ready for the second stage, thus, lessen ko ang apoy.
Now, remove the potatoes out from the pan. Using the same pan, gigisa ko ang natirang onion ng sandali. Ngayon i’ll scoop out all the meat (leaving the gravy behind) at i-piprito ko sya with the onions over a medium fire.
I never use salt. This is the time to make timpla with the taste and color. Prito, prito, prito… add a splash of soy sauce until the meat is golden brown. Time for the potatoes to join the fun and the green chilli too! Para maging friends ang lahat ng sangkap, ibuhos ang konting gravy na natira at pakuluan once.
Ganito sila kasaya nung natikman nila niluto ko lols.
Tsk.. Aight guys, I’m out.
07 Mar 2009 5 Comments
Seems like Annie is on for cooking nowadays! tsk tsk. Honestly, not my habit. I’m not a big fan of kitchen, of stove, of cutting onions and garlic, etc etc. I also don’t know why I am volunteering to cook for tonight’s dinner!
We (Hilton Abu Dhabi FO team) are having dinner at our FOM’s place tonight as I’ve just said. Since it is a multi-cultural team that composes of several nationalities from all over the globe, obviously we have to have variations of food; from Indian dish, to Arabic dish down to Filipino dish.
Speaking of our dish, I am going to cook pork adobo at home (since it is easier for me not to carry all the ingredients to our boss’ place)! Medyo masasabi ko na I am good in cooking adobo and that’s it lols. Natatanging adobo ang alam kong lutuin. Not bad eh? Fave ko yan eh hihi.
Wish me luck again! Lagot sa akin tong baboy na to mamaya. lols.
Oh by the way, naubos yung tortang corned beef ko sa beach ha at na-take away yung konting natira lols.
05 Mar 2009 Leave a comment
You know when you’ve worked in a hotel when…
- Getting up at 4am on Sunday is a standard practice
- You can’t swtich on anything electrical without a credit card sized plastic
- Getting 2 days off in a row is like having a 2-week vacation!
- Uses abbreviation and acronyms for EVERYTHING, like DM, GM, CRM, C&E, F&B, HR, FOM and alot more, you name it!
- Your stomach, now used to eating staff cafeteria food, is capable fo swallowing ANYTHING! I mean anything! (it’s ok, it’s an advantage. wink* lols)
- Your day somehow doesn’t seem complete without someone yelling at you in full view of the rest of the hotel, convinced that they are right about everything, when actually they are so WRONG
- People assume you know the answer to everything, when actually you just came on shift 5 minutes ago, tsk
- You’re supposed to finish work at 3pm, but it’s 4:30 and you’re still here!
- Your bank is NEVER balanced
- You learn VERY QUICKLY to never EVER f**k with the person who handles your food! (kung hindi kulang na lang tae kakainin mo)
- Back to back, double and split shifts are the norm
- Minibars are NOT REFRIDGERATORS!
- Minibars are auto charging and weight sensitive!
- At least one guest will complain about the fact that their debit card has a mysterious charge on it which takes 8 days to clear. But of course we did ask for a CREDIT CARD on check-in!
- No matter how hard you try to explain that the room type was REQUESTED, NOT GUARANTEED, the guest always expects to get a non-smoking, king-sized bed with a view!
- See number 10 but replace food with laundry!
- Guests insists on splitting the bill so that the “movies” they ordered are not on the same credit card
- Your social life revolves entirely around work nights out, since that’s the only guaranteed time off you get to go out and get wasted!
Have a good weekend guys! And YES, I am having a two days off and I am soooo going out tomorrow! Will be out under the sun on a sandy beachy beach with bunch of friends (lols hoteliers too!).
However, to break the ice of boring canteen food, I am cooking something that me and my colleagues are looking forward to have for breakfast tomorrow on the beach. Hmm, simple but we missed sinangag na kanin (bawang lang, plain and simple but classic), tortang talong at tortang corned beef (specialty ko to haha!), sunny side up eggs (medium cooked so the eggyolks would drip down the sinangag, yumyum!) and of course my ever favourite tender juicy purefoods hotdogs! :lol:
For lunch, my friend is bringing lechon kawali and pork menudo. Ang sarap kahit nasa malayong lugar, pinoy style pa rin and da best!
Aighty friends, hope I could get some nice photos tomorrow to share! Wish me luck sa cooking haha! (not really so confident but who cares lols)
Oh by the way, yang samurai na nakatutok sa ulo nya at balak kong putulin? Lambingan lang namin yan. hihi..
10 Jan 2009 3 Comments
The worst thing a guy can do is make a girl fall for him when he has no intention of catching her.
Love? It’s kind of complicated, but I’ll tell you this… The second you’re willing to make yourself miserable to make someone else happy, that’s love right there.
21 Sep 2008 6 Comments
Pag may makati sa atin kahit saang parte ng katawan minsan di talaga natin maiwasan na kamutin nang kamutin. Di titigil hanggat di dumugo, sumugat o pumeklat. Meron pang papikit-pikit ng mata habang nangangamot ng kung anu-ano.
Di ko alam nung isang beses na nakahiga lang ako at biglang nangati, nung una dampi-dampi lang ng palad. Pangalawa, medyo hipo-hipo na. Pangatlo, di talaga mawala at maalis ang pangangati ko. Kinamot nang kinamot ng maigi… Ahhh sarap talaga ang pakiramdam. Uhhmm..
Ang resulta! (at wala akong paki-akam, masarap kamutin eh!)
04 Jul 2008 13 Comments
A law banning smoking in public areas in Abu Dhabi will come into force soon, said a senior official. “The law is considered by the Executive Council and will be enacted soon,” said Juma Al Junaibi, General Manager of the Abu Dhabi Municipality.
He was speaking to the media after announcing the strategic plan of the municipality yesterday.
Meanwhile Abu Dhabi Municipality has launched a Smoking Prevention and Regulation initiative in line with the Strategic Plan and Priorities and in a bid to elevate awareness of public health issues, said a statement issued by the municipality.
The purpose of this initiative is to ensure that the health of non-smokers is not compromised by secondary smoking in public areas.
The plan will designate special spaces in public areas for smokers which will be separate from non-smoking areas. It will be implemented as a collaborative effort between Abu Dhabi Municipality and areas deemed public.
Permits for smoking areas in these spaces will be issued once plans of the areas are submitted to the municipality.
Wow! Kumusta naman ang
health bisyo ko tsk. Minsan na akong nangarap na sana mabawasan na ng husto ito o di kaya in the future itigil ko na ito pagnasapiling na ako ng aking partner in life (asus!). Pero sa nabasa kong ito, sinabi ko na naman na ang bait talaga ni Lord. God is always making a way! Sana maging successful ako sa aking magandang hangarin sa aking sarili para naman maging pretty ako always. Hmm 7 yosi a day a couple of months ago down to 4 yosi a day since beginning of June. Not bad eh?! :lol: